Children’s Flying Day 2022
Welcome to our annual family day celebrating all things aviation! Here will be something for everyone, of all ages, with aircraft and helicopters on show both in the air and on the ground. Watch flying displays performed by many different helicopters and propeller aircraft. The Swedish Defence Forces and voluntary organisations will come along to show off, among other things, dogs, aircraft and motorcycles. Take the chance to ride in a vehicle with caterpillar tracks. There will be many exhibitors demonstrating aircraft and helicopters, while for the little ones there will be a bouncy castle and face painting.
- Roundtrips by Helicopter. (fee)
- Test fly a helicopter from SPU helicopters. (fee)
- Try an introductory flight or test lesson with the Aero Club. (fee)
- The Ambulance and Police helicopters will be on show. Times for flying demonstrations and access to the aircraft on the ground will be announced.
- Radio-controlled models are demonstrated by AKMG, (AeroKlubben Model Gothenburg). Times to be announced.
- Dalsland Balloon Club demonstrates a radio-controlled balloon. Times to be announced.
AIR SHOW PROGRAM
11:00 Gyrocopter demonstration
11:10 Chalmers flying club – advanced flying demonstration
11:30 Ultralight aircraft demonstration
11:50 Quadfoto demonstrates a Drone with a thermal imaging camera
12:00 Swedish Maritime Administration SAR/Rescue helicopter demonstration
12:15 Aero Club – Pipistrel aircraft demonstration
12:20-14:00 The Swedish Maritime Administration shows SAR helicopter on the ground
12:30 Gothenburg Veteran Flying Society flies with a Piper Cub and a GV38
13:00 SK16 (North American Harvard) – demonstration
13:30 Chalmers flying club – advanced flying demonstration
13:45 SK 50 (SAAB Safir) – advanced flying demonstration
14:00 Quadfoto demonstrates a Drone with a thermal imaging camera
14:20 Ultralight aircraft demonstration
14:30 Helicopter Dancing! Welcome children of all ages – come and dance with a helicopter and see how agile it is!
14:45 Gyrocopter demonstration
15:00 Aero Club – Pipistrel aircraft demonstration
16:00 Children’s Flight Weekend closes
Please note that the Ambulance, Police and Rescue helicopters are always on call and may have to leave in a hurry!
All times are approximate and subject to change due to weather and technology!
- Ride in a towed Vertol Helicopter (Hkp4)
- Go on a Quiz Trail and win great prizes
- Watch aircraft and helicopters on the ground and in the air
- Watch model flight shows by AKMG (AeroKlubben Model Gothenburg)
- Visit Aeroseum – housed in a Cold War hangar 27 meters underground!
- Have fun jumping in the Bouncy Castle!
- Ride in a Vintage Fire Truck (Fee)
- Ride in an Artillery Department KP armoured car (Fee)
- Dalsland Balloon Club shows off its radio-controlled
- Face painting
- Test drive a radio-controlled boat in the fishpond up on the hill
- Tour Aeroseum with a guide – Assemble at 1 o’clock at the entrance to Aeroseum
Winners of the Quiz Trail will be announced at 12 o’clock & 3 o’clock
First Aid assistance is available at the information tent
The food is served by the Skepplanda Home Guard and Cultural Association!
See a clip from 11 juni 2017
Pictures from Children’s Flying Day 2017
The pictures are from previous years of the Children’s Flying Day
Interested in exhibiting?
031 55 83 00
Adults: SEK 160
Youngsters aged between 4 and 16: SEK 80
Family, 2 adults, 2 children (up to and including the age of 16): SEK 400
Parking costs 30 SEK and is handled by Torslanda IK who takes only Swish